As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Please see Affiliate Disclaimer.
Streaming videos, surfing the web or playing games are great when you do not have any lags and no longer see that annoying loading symbol on your screen. A good router can help you enjoy the Internet without a hitch on all your Wi-Fi devices. A router functions as a hub for your network, ensuring proper signal in all parts of your house or office.
Finding the best routers for multiple devices is not an easy task. But to make your life easier, we have compiled a list of the top-ranked ones. Here is a quick look at our favorite routers currently trending.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 TP-Link AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Archer A7
- 0.2 Linksys Max-Stream Tri-Band AC2200 Router
- 0.3 D-Link EXO AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-882)
- 0.4 NETGEAR Nighthawk X4A AC2600 Router (R7800)
- 0.5 Linksys WRT AC3200 Router
- 1 Buyer’s Guide
The Archer A7 is an award-winning wireless router that offers good quality for a relatively low price. It is ideal for streaming 4K, gaming or other high-traffic online activities. The Archer A7 is a fast 802.11ac router that works perfectly well with all your Wi-Fi devices.
This router operates both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. This means that you can enjoy fast speeds and a great wireless performance. Easy tasks such as surfing the web will be handled by the 2.4GHz band. For more bandwidth-intensive activities such as streaming 4K or playing games, the 5GHz band will be used.
With three external antennas, you can say goodbye to buffering and start enjoying a stable connection on up to 50 multiple devices at once. This router also includes a USB 2.0 port, which means that you can share files instantly.
One of the main advantages of this dual-band router is its excellent range. With Archer A7, you can get the great coverage you’ve always wanted in every corner of your house.
And rest assured! This router has amazing security features. You have the option to set parental controls and manage guest access.
With the user-friendly Tether app, you can also easily set up and manage your Wi-Fi at any time. Even when you are away.
- 2.4 GHz (450 Mbps) and 5GHz (1300 Mbps) for a total of 1750 Mbps
- 4 Gigabit LAN ports
- Integrated USB 2.0 port
- 3 external antennas
- Bandwidth Prioritization (QoS – Quality of Service)
- Works with Amazon Alexa
- Budget-friendly option
- Great coverage – a range of approximately 2500 square feet
- Connects up to 50 devices
- Good security features
- Easy setup and remote access with the Tether App
- Doesn’t support MU-MIMO which can lead to network congestion
- Limited wireless settings and customisation options
This router is capable of reaching speeds of up to 1,267 Mbps on the 5 GHz bands and 867 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band. This means that you can finally enjoy your favorite games and 4K videos without any lags.
With a coverage of around 1,500 square feet, the router can offer you uninterrupted signal in the furthest corners of your rooms. From the kitchen to the backyard, you are guaranteed to enjoy a high-speed connection. The MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output) technology ensures that you get the same high speed on all devices. Think of this as having a separate Wi-Fi router for your phone, tablet, computer or game console. This means that you can stream 4K, transfer heavy files, and play your favorite games lag-free.
- Tri-band technology (two 5GHz bands and one 2.4 GHz band) with quad-core CPU
- Up to 15 wireless devices
- 4 antennas and 6 amplifiers
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Speeds of up to 2200 Mbps (5 GHz / 400 Mbps) + (5 GHz / 867 Mbps) + (2.4 GHz / 867 Mbps)
- MU-MIMO technology
- Beamforming technology
- USB 3.0 port
- MU-MIMO allows you to reach maximum speeds on multiple devices at the same time
- Good coverage – Up to 1,500 square feet coverage
- Minimalist design
- Easy setup and remote access
- Lacks malware and virus protection
- Lacks robust parental controls
- Not many wired ports
Whether you want to stream, play video games or you just need to achieve maximum productivity, the DIR-882 router is a great pick! This is an affordable dual-band router with 4 antennas that can guarantee you a powerful internet network speed.
Equipped with MU-MIMO technology, beamforming and Smart connect band steering, DIR-882 can help you eliminate the Wi-Fi dead zones in your house or office.
If you love video games, this router has everything you need. With its dual-core processors, you can enjoy uninterrupted gaming. Moreover, with the ultra-fast Wi-Fi that DIR-882 can deliver, you will no longer lose any games due to poor signal. What is great about this product is that you can also connect network storage or other devices such as printers. This is thanks to the two USB ports that DIR-882 has. This product also performs relatively well on close-range throughput speeds tests, outperforming similar routers.
The routers previously mentioned can be seamlessly set up and DIR-822 is no exception. You can install it, change the password and make all necessary changes in only a few minutes. You can then manage the router from any mobile device or from your desktop.
- Dual-band wireless
- 4 x 4 data stream and 4 antennas
- Dual-core CPU
- 128MB of RAM and 128 MB of flash memory
- Speeds of up to 2600 Mbps (800 Mbps on 2.4 GHz and 1,733 Mbps on 5 GHz)
- 802.11ac technologies including MU-MIMO and Advanced Smart Beam
- One USB 3.0 port and one USB 2.0 port that can deliver high-speed file transmission
- WPA/WPA2 encryption to keep your devices secure
- Good close-range performance
- Moderately priced
- MU-MIMO that allows you to reach maximum speeds on multiple devices at the same time
- Advanced Smart Beam technology that helps you eliminate wi-fi dead zones
- QoS (Quality of Service) traffic optimization technology that ensures top performance for your applications
- You can track your connected devices for improved internet speeds and range
- Personalising your wireless settings may take a lot of time
- Low flash memory
- Lack of robust parental controls
- No antivirus protection
The R7800 is perfect for all the gamers out there. It is also ideal for those of you with smart homes and a range of different devices.
The R7800 provides two radio bands, four antennas and MU-MIMO technology to ensure that you get all the bandwidth you need. You can now enjoy the same high-speed internet on up to 45 devices. Gaming, streaming video, listening to music on your new wireless speakers or using smart lighting in your house. You can now enjoy everything buffer-free.
- Dual-band wireless (with speed up to 800 + 1733 Mbps)
- Work with up to 45 devices
- Wired Ethernet ports for you to plug in any other devices such as your game console
- 1.7 GHz dual-core processor
- 4 amplified antennas
- Beamforming and MU-MIMO Technology
- Two 3.0 USB port and one eSATA port
- Amazon Alexa integration
- Good coverage – up to 2500 square feet
- Great for smart home devices
- Robust parental controls
- Secure – Includes guest access control, VPN and Firewall
- The Software interface could be improved
- Relatively pricey
If you want to enjoy enterprise-grade Wi-Fi in your own house, we have some good news! The Linksys WRT AC3200 router can help you achieve this. And it has every feature you can imagine a router to have. With four Ethernet ports and the latest Wi-Fi technologies, this router can deliver impressive speeds to many devices at the same time.
This is a premium router with great coverage that can support even the most congested networks. It also has a versatile array of ports, so you can connect other devices such as flash drives or printers. With strict parental controls, guest access rights and VPN, this is one of the most secure routers out there.
You may be wondering whether a premium router like this is hard to set up. The answer is no. Even if this is your first time, you will notice how simple the whole process is. With the app, you can easily set up the router following a step-by-step guide. After a few minutes, you can start enjoying high-speed Internet without interruptions. With the smart and user-friendly app, you can also monitor your Wi-Fi performance at any time!
In a nutshell, Linksys WRT AC3200 is a top-performing Wi-Fi router that can handle requests from multiple users at once. If you are a pro looking for ultra-fast Wi-Fi, you will love to hear that this router has advanced customization options.
- Dual band router with speeds of up to 2600 Mbps – 2.4 GHz / 600 Mbps and 5 GHz / 2600 Mbps
- 4 Ethernet ports for a fast connection
- One 3.0 USB port and one USB 2.0/eSATA hybrid port
- MU-MIMO technology that can ensure the same high-speeds for a range of different devices simultaneously
- Tri-Stream 160 Technology which doubles the bandwidth from 80 MHz to 160 MHz
- Easy to set up and monitor with the smart Wi-Fi app
- Excellent connectivity
- Advanced customization settings
- Enterprise-grade speed and coverage
- Great design
- Very secure – Strict parental controls and VPN
- For maximum performance, you require 160 MHz adapters
- Relatively expensive
- Design may be more appropriate for office spaces than personal homes
All the above-mentioned best routers for multiple devices provide great value for money and can suit different needs. If you can’t decide what the best router for multiple devices is, don’t worry! Any of these would be a great investment. In this quick buyer’s guide, we hope to help you find the perfect match according to your needs.
If you are looking for a reasonably priced router, The Archer A7 is the answer. The Archer A7 does an amazing job at keeping your house connected. And you don’t have to spend a fortune. This is what I call the perfect balance between price and performance.
This is a great choice if you are a novice, and you want an easy to manage router. The Archer A7 also has a discrete and small design, so you can hide it behind your TV or stash it on a bookshelf.
You are watching a movie; your dad is listening to music in another room, and your sibling is gaming. If you don’t want your network to be too crowded, you need a router that can handle many devices at once. Linksys EA8400 Max-Stream AC2200 will keep everyone in your house pleased. With its latest MU-MIMO technologies and combined speeds of up to 2200 Mbps, this tri-band router can help you upgrade your home.
Are you looking for a solid performance and a great wireless range? If the answer is yes, D-Link DIR-882 is the one! This is a surprisingly good option without an eye-watering price tag. With its four antennas and MU-MIMO technology, DIR-882 can deliver powerful internet network speeds for all your devices.
The Gaming Beast
If you are a gamer, a sluggish computer is probably your worst nightmare. You know how irritating lags can be and you don’t want to lose because you don’t have the adequate signal. If you want to compete with other players, not other devices, The Nighthawk X4S router is perfect for you.
This router gives you high-speed internet and a solid connection for all your game consoles. Its latest technologies prioritise video streaming and gaming for an amazing experience. The Nighthawk X4S router has plenty of memory so you can connect as many devices as you want. With an unmatched processing power, you can also stream Twitch with no lag. Game on!
You have a house or office full of devices, and you are only looking for the best out there! For a lag-free experience and amazing performance, we recommend the one and only Linksys WRT AC3200. With its latest wireless technologies, this router promises you impressive speeds. Say goodbye to streaming issues! This is an extremely reliable router. You can also go quite a distance from this router and still have a good connection.
When you have a house full of streamers, gamers and downloaders, finding a good router is a must! But with all the information available online and mixed reviews, the search for the perfect option may be daunting.
We really hope that after reading this review, you are now better equipped to find the best router for multiple devices!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate and participant of various affiliate marketing programs, this site earns from qualifying purchases by visitors.